Monday, January 29, 2007

Stupid German Bureaucracy

So I read on the Canadian Consulate in Stuttgart website that Canadian driver's licences can be exchanged for German driver's licences without having to go through a driving test.

Cool! This is very useful, so I go this morning to change my driver's licence. I know German bureaucracy quite well now, so I make sure I have my documents: my passport, my driver's licence, a letter mailed to me at my address to prove I live there, my work contract, and a passport photo for the licence.

Well, I had almost everything in order, it turns out they need an official translation of my driver's licence!!
How stupid is that?

What do they need to translate?
The words "Date of birth"? Can't they tell by the date underneath it?

Then there's "Cond." which underneath says "Corrective Lenses".
Come on, you're telling me that this isn't self-explanatory?

Well, I guess I have to find a "state-approved" translator to get my driver's licence.
Stupid German bureaucracy....

Booooooo! Booooooooo!

1 comment:

JoJo said...

BOOOOOOOOOOOO! BOOOOOOOOOOO! Stupid German bureaucracy indeed. They are most definitely retarded!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I am going to boycott German bureaucracy! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!