Friday, April 21, 2006

RIIIIIIIIICE...

I went to dinner at a Hong Kong-style restaurant with some of my officemates. D tried to order a dish that he couldn't find on the menu, and we ended up pissing off the waitress. The conversation went something like this:

D: I'm not sure what the dish is called, but it has rice, then egg on top and chicken.
Waitress: I'm sorry. I don't understand.
D [speaking slower]: Oh. It has riiiiiiiiiiiice, then eeeeeeeeeeeeeegg. Then chiiiiiiicken.
Waitress: Oh. We don't have that dish.
D: Well, can you make a dish with riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. Runny eeeeeeeegg. And chiiiiiiiiiiiiiicken on top.
Waitress: Ok. We have that dish but with beef.

Hmm. So apparently the waitress already knew what we were talking about. Nice lady, nice.

1 comment:

阿挺 said...

I think D should have brought up the subject of cybernetics.....